Naproxen 250 mg
Naproxen is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthrosis (degenerative arthritis), ankylosing spondylitis, acute musculoskeletal disorders, dysmenorrhoea and acute gout. Children: Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
What is Naproxen?
- Naproxen is a medication that relieves pain and inflammation
- It has similar properties to ibuprofen
- It can be used to treat the pain and swelling of arthritis, back pain and gout
- Naproxen is also helpful in managing painful periods
- Naproxen may be unsuitable for people with stomach ulcers or asthma
- It is important to read the patient leaflet for a full list of side effects and cautions.
How Does Naproxen Work?
Prostaglandins are naturally produced in the body when you have an injury, or as the result of other inflammatory processes including arthritis or gout. Naproxen blocks the production of prostaglandins, helping to reduce pain, redness and swelling.
Naproxen has some similarities with other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including ibuprofen. However, the effect of naproxen may last for longer in the body. This means you need to take naproxen less frequently than other anti-inflammatory medications.
What is the proper dosage of Naproxen?
Your dosage of naproxen will vary depending on what you are taking it for. For arthritis, you can expect to take 500mg to 1,000mg each day, across one or two doses, muscular pain or period pain, the first dose is 500mg, followed by 250mg after 6 to 8 hours if required and For gout, the first dose is 750mg, followed by 250mg every 8 hours until the gout attack has passed.
Are there any side effects to Naproxen(naproxen for pain)?-naproxen for pain
Like all medications, naproxen can have some side effects. The most common side effects will pass within a few doses, but if they persist or bother you, speak to a healthcare professional.
Common side effects include:
- Confusion and dizziness
- Changes to your hearing (including ringing in the ears) or changes to your vision
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Skin rashes.
Occasionally more serious side effects can occur including:
- Severe indigestion, heartburn or stomach pain with or without diarrhoea and vomiting. This could be a sign of stomach inflammation or an ulcer.
- Vomiting blood or black specks that look like coffee grounds – this could be due to bleeding from the stomach
- Black stools (poo) or blood in your stools – this could be due to bleeding in the stomach or intestine
- Chest pain or breathlessness – this could be due to blood loss
- Frequent sore throat, nose bleeds or infections
- High temperature, feeling sick, headache, neck stiffness or pain looking at lights – this could be due to meningitis occurring without an infection
- Blood in your urine (pee), or passing reduced amounts of urine
- Yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes
- A slow or irregular heartbeat
- Fever, stomach pain and vomiting which could be due to problems with the pancreas.
If you notice any of these, speak to a doctor straight away. Naproxen for Pain Relief
If you have a severe allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) including breathlessness, lip or tongue swelling, call 999 immediately.
Does Naproxen(naproxen for pain) come with any warnings?
Naproxen may not be suitable for everyone. That’s why you’ll be asked to complete a health questionnaire during your Consultation with UKsafemeds.
Naproxen may not be suitable for people who:
- Have stomach ulcers
- Have asthma
- Have high blood pressure
- Have heart failure, liver or kidney disease
- Have bowel disease including Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis
- Have lupus
- Have a clotting disorder
- Are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or breastfeeding
- Have had an allergic reaction to naproxen, another NSAID treatment or any another medication
A prescriber from uksafemeds will review your current medications, including any herbal remedies or supplements, to ensure that naproxen will not interact with them.
Once prescribed, you can order naproxen online for home delivery.
Where to Buy Naproxen Tablets Online?
naproxen for pain
You can safely buy Naproxen tablets online here at UKSAFEMEDS (tablets available as both Naproxen 500mg & Naproxen 250mg doses). Our purchase process will guide you through getting the necessary prescription and receiving your order online through a UK-located pharmacy.
There are no reviews yet.